Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chicago

About a month ago, me, Adam and Ruby went to Chicago for a few days. It was a pretty fun trip and Ruby did really, really well. It was an all-expenses paid vacation with EF Foundation for Foreign Study, the non-profit organization I've been working for since November. Ruby hardly ever cried even during the long hours of training. Everyone commented on how good she was-- that she was the best baby they'd ever seen. This was my third trip to Chi-town and Adam's first. We really didn't too anything all that exciting since we had Ruby and not a lot of money to spend (like none!). But it was fun to get a way for a while. It was hard leaving James. This was the first time we've ever been away from him for longer than a few hours. He was crying on the phone our first night and wanting us to 'come get me.' It was pretty sad. I wanted to fly home right then and pick him up.
Our hotel, The Palmer House Hilton, was super nice. Definitely the swankiest hotel I've ever stayed. I guess anything seems really great after some of the skanky European hostels I've slept in.

The 'bean' at Millenium Park.

Pics of our hotel.

















More hotel pics.























On a completely unrelated note-- James likes to have Ruby ride in the back of his fire truck bed to help him put out fires. She's makes a good side kick.





































































No comments: