Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bermuda, Here we Come!


I just wrapped up a busy placement season for my high school foreign exchange students. I've placed fourteen students in the Boise area all from various countries--Spain, South Korea, Italy, Norway, Germany, Denmark, Australia, and China! It has been so much fun to meet all of the host families and to watch the students arrive and get settled. So far, they are all great kids and no problems as of yet. I am learning a lot about each country and gaining a lot of insight into the commonalities of teenagers no matter what part of the globe they are from. I have some fun activities planned for the upcoming year. This Saturday we're floating the Boise River and the kids are all really excited. This little job has not only helped pay the bills but I also earned a bonus trip to Bermuda at a five star resort with all expenses paid! We are so excited to go in November! With all of the challenges we've met with this year, we feel like we deserve a nice vacation.

6 comments:

Cara said...

That's awesome! And yes you do deserve it.

Vip said...

JEALOUS

Vip said...

whoops- I'm logged in as Justin. This is Becky. And I'm still jealous

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

This makes me want to cry!! You guys DO deserve this!! You have been through a lot! I love you guys.........oh boy, I sound like Grandma Haberman!!!

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

becky you are funny. we are so happy for you. good job & placing the teenagers & have a blast in bermuda. wish we could come with you. tyczka's are always fun to hang out with.

Jiles Pfamily said...

WOW!!! I hope you have a wonderful time. Too bad you didn't get a trip to my house :)