Sunday, October 18, 2009

This Weekend

I've been trying to savor the last few days of warm weather. I think I'm already in mourning for the summer/fall temperatures. I hate winter. I know I shouldn't but I do. I hate being cold and I hate feeling couped up. We have spent as much time outdoors as we possibly could this week. I took the kids to the train depot on Thursday and watched the HUGE Koi fish jump and splash. James loved following the train tracks and was in awe of "Big Mike" the train engine. I love the train depot. The views are lovely of the city and the mountains and the ponds and plants are so tranquil. I have so many fond memories of the depot--watching the fireworks during the River Festival (before it was canceled), playing night games (sardines, hide-n-seek, etc), exploring the man-made cave, seeing my friend off as he headed back to New York... It feels like a little nature oasis in the midst of the city.
Friday Adam and I went to the temple, picked up the kids and then headed up to Bogus. We found a little trail off the side of the road and went exploring. The weather was absolutely gorgeous with clear skies and cool temperatures. James loved finding pinecones and sticks and had to stop every few feet to dig a hole.
That evening we went downtown to pick up some concert tickets and ended up walking around. James played in the fountain on the Grove and we did some people watching. I love the energy of downtown. It makes me feel like I'm back in a big city.
Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments: