Monday, February 21, 2011

Boston




A few weekends ago my employer, EF Foundation for Foreign Study, flew me to Boston for two nights to do some training at their corporate office. Usually, they pay for Adam to go too but this trip was just for me and 14 other people from around the U.S. We were wined and dined and it was a fantastic weekend. I arrived at my hotel at about 2:30 on Thursday and was excited to see a 3 story mall directly across the street. I headed straight over to the mall and walked around until 6:00. If I had any extra money at all then I would have tried to go see some sites but I'm sure I will get the chance to go again. Several of my managers took me and a few other colleagues to dinner at a very lovely Italian restaurant. After dinner, they walked us across the street to a very well-known pastry shop famous for their cannolis. They bought us whatever we wanted and, after much deliberation, I decided on the chocolate mousse cannoli with chocolate chips. Holy crap it was awesome! I felt my thighs expanding with each bite. I headed straight to the gym after we got back to the hotel.
Friday we spent the day in meetings at the office and then we were treated to dinner at a very upscale French restaurant. All the drinks and food we could handle. I wish I had taken a picture of our dessert that night--it was enormous, delicious, and I ate every bite. Headed straight to the gym after we got back.
Saturday morning they paid for taxis to take us over to the Harvard area and we had brunch in beautiful, quaint, cozy, Victorian style restaurant. The food was not impressive to me at all BUT the atmosphere was fantastic and it was really neat to see Harvard and MIT even if from the inside of a cab. I think my IQ rose a few points just driving by. Then it was off to the airport.
I love EF! It is such a great company to work for. The CEO always remembers my name, where I'm from, and my family. He partied with us on the cruise (he's Swedish) and he and my other bosses really seem to care about their workers in the field. They treat us to meals at places that I would never dream of going on my own because of our financial situation. Next month we're off to Las Vegas!
James, Ruby and Adam met me at the airport with tulips which Ruby kept insisting were mine but refused to let go of them. It was cute. It was really nice to be free for a few days. And I got a lot of reading done.

1 comment:

jayna said...

ooh fun!! glad you had a good time!