Thursday, January 5, 2012

Archie's Blessing


James has a special love for grandma great.
My mom and her sister Renee.






My brother Greg and grandma.
Great grandma.
Great grandpa.

I love this photo.
Adam gave Archie Benjamin a name and a blessing New Year's Day in our ward. It was a great way to start 2012 and it also worked out perfectly because Adam still had quite a few family members in town for the holidays. This is the group of priesthood holders-- my grandpa Ardell, my dad, Adam's brother Chris, Adam's dad, Adam's brother Matt, Adam, Adam's brother Aaron, my brother Bryan and my brother in law Blake (Charity's hubs). I wanted a big group photo but that didn't happen obviously, so my brother took a bunch of random shots. I also wanted a picture of just Adam and his brothers because they all looked so handsome that day but that didn't happen either. Adam was being a little impatient so it didn't quite happen. Oh well. It was a lovely blessing and a lovely day spent with lots of family on both sides. The only people missing were my sister Emily and her husband and daughter. Archie is such a blessing in our home and has a sweet little spirit.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Baby blessings are one of my favorite living ordinances--what a sweet and tender way to start life! A blessing from a loving father, which is confirmed by a circle of other loving family members and friends. So perfect.