Thursday, March 6, 2008

Young women's swap meet

I am the Young Women's president in my ward. I am responsible for about eighteen girls every Wednesday night between 7:00 and 8:30. Last night for our activity, everyone brought stuff that they don't use or wear anymore or just simply don't want anymore. We had an interesting hodgepodge of things. Possibly the most random item was something that I had brought hoping to get rid of but not really expecting that anyone would actually want it. It was a six foot tall inflatable easter bunny. I was surprised when one of the girls clung on to it and wouldn't let it go. She said it was 'so awesome' and had plans to put it in her yard. I told her she should put in front of her sister's door in the middle of the night so that when she opened the door in the morning she would find Mr. Cottontail waiting to greet her. I hope she does it; that would be 'so awesome.'

1 comment:

Jiles Pfamily said...

I forgot you were the YW pres. how do you do it? You are amazing. I bet those girls love you.