Friday, August 22, 2008

Mother in Waiting

Well, I can't believe that my second child is almost (finally!) here. I'm going to be induced next Thursday at 6:00am. So many people have commented to me that the second pregnancy goes a lot faster because you're so preoccupied with taking care of a toddler. Not so. This has felt like the longest year of my life. I've almost completely forgotten what it feels like to feel normal. And while I have little to complain about since my pregnancy has been fairly healthy, I still can't help but feel that this has been really, really hard. I'm also starting to get nervous about how James is going to adjust to having a new baby around. Any helpful tips from you fellow bloggers out there? At least James is potty trained. He's finally starting to get the pooping part down, so that's good.

4 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You will love being induced. My advice, get your epidural sooner than later. James may have a difficult time the first few weeks, but he will adjust just fine. Good luck!!!

Jiles Pfamily said...

i think the last time i talked to you you i told you having two was easier than i thought well, it was easy and first but now there are moments when i wonder what on earth have i done? my advice for helping james cope would be to set aside james only time when you and/or adam have time alone with him doing what he likes to do. that has seemed to help susannah alot. good luck tomorrow. i will be thinking about you. call me if you need to talk. you will do great!

Brent, January, and Madelyn said...

I have no advice...I will be coming to you someday for the advice. lol
I think you will know what to do once the baby girl is here. It will be natural for you. You will do GREAT!

jayna said...

angie... by now, you've had your second. i, of course, can give you no advice, however, i DO know that you will be great. also, to answer your question on my blog.. free hawaii. well sky miles paid for my flight (almost all of it) and then the house was free because of my friend. he had some serious hookups. yay!!! can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.