Wednesday, November 25, 2009

FHE

The other night, James was flipping through his "Jesus book" (aka: the nursery manual) and he came across the picture illustrating the story of the good Samaritan. He asked me what happened to the man. I told him that some bad people came and beat him up and left him on the ground and this nice man came along and helped him.
James: How did he help him?
Me: He gave him some water and took him to the hospital.
James: How did he take him to the hospital?
Me: On his donkey.
At this point he starts laughing hysterically and shaking his head. He finally held his hand up and while still laughing said, "I guess I just don't understand."
Me: What don't you understand.
James: (Still laughing hysterically and keep in mind he is only 3) A donkey can't hold two men it can only hold one man. And then he laughed and laughed like it was the funniest thing he had ever heard.

After Adam got home that night, I was telling him about it and I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. I love that kid. He is so stinkin' smart and cute.

1 comment:

Helen said...

That is pretty funny!