Monday, March 14, 2011

Update




In case you wanted to know what's really been going on with us:

--The house is going to sell sometime this month. Just waiting for the inspection now. If they don't want us to fix anything (and with this couple it wouldn't surprise me if they want us to fix the whole house (and we're not fixing one single thing)) then we will be out in April and living in Adam's grandma's basement in Southeast Boise.

--Adam started a job at Platt Electric last Monday. It's just warehouse work so nothing he's excited about or anything but at least it's bringing in money.

--Adam has a job opportunity in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and since he's already interviewed with the company then all he has to do, most likely, is the final interview. I never thought in a million years that I would be dreaming of Sioux Falls but I am ready and willing to go anywhere right now for Adam to start a career.

--Registered James for kindergarten last week. He breezed right through all of the little 'tests.' I was so proud of him. I can't believe we've had him for FIVE years now. Amazing.

--I have been staying busy working from home, interviewing host families, working with my exchange students, and going to Vegas for "business." I know, it's a tough job but someone has to do it. As a side note, thankfully my Japanese student's family and friends are all safe and unaffected by the earthquake and tsunami.

--Going to see the Clumsy Lovers, a band I have close ties with, on St. Patrick's Day. Looking forward to dancing the night away. If anyone wants to come please do. The McCabe's bought their tickets today too. They are always a super fun band to see.

--We've been going to the library a lot, like twice a week. We are so ready for spring!

2 comments:

Kreller Kaboodle said...

We are going to miss you guys in this ward a LOT but it's apparent that the Lord has something else in store for you!! You guys are an amazing family and I have enjoyed "rubbing shoulders" with you!!! I'm glad we get you for a little bit longer! I grew up in Southeast Boise! I love it there!!

Unknown said...

Siox Falls?! I remember what it was like when we were finally trying to get Matthew's career going. I was ready to move to the moon if it meant we could finally have a steady job that paid more than minimum wage!

Your blurb about the Clumsy Lovers made me sad. I know you guys'll have a ton of fun! Too bad we can't be there.

Not surprised at all about James breezing through kindergarten reg. He's a smarty pants.