Monday, May 26, 2008

Broken boy

James broke his tibia Friday afternoon. Him and Adam were going down the slide at the park and his shoe got caught on the slide and bent his foot back underneath Adam's leg. He is a pathetic little site to behold. He's currently in a bright yellow splint that goes up past his knee all the way down to his toes. He calls it his 'big sock.' He can't even crawl. He just lays on the floor and cries for help or rolls onto his stomach or back and then gets stuck. He's bored out of his mind and I feel so sorry for him. He's so used to be active and running around almost every minute of the day. I think he actually sunk into a bit of a depression yesterday because he can't do anything but sit. He's going to have a hard cast put on tomorrow and he'll have to wear it for 2-3 weeks. It's going to be a long 2-3 weeks. I'm having a hard time keeping him entertained. At least he doesn't have to undergo surgery. I'm also very thankful that he's covered by Medicaid. We would be facing thousands of dollars in medical bills without it. Thanks to all of you out there who paid for my son to receive good medical treatment. I have a few pictures but I'm just too lazy to take the time to download them to my computer and then post them here. I admire all of you who take the time to post pictures because I just don't feel like I have the time.

1 comment:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Things will be much better with a hard cast. Watch out...it will get stinky! I hope he feels better soon.