Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mother of the Year

Well, I don't think I'll be getting the 'mother of the year' award this year. On Tuesday I took James to the doctor for a check-up along with immunizations. He's way behind on his shots and the nurse and doctor both mentioned that he was behind, like I didn't already know. James was already acting nervous just being at the doctor's office because he has a very long memory. In fact, it amazes me that he remembers things that happened six months ago. Anyway, so he was already asking to go 'bye-bye.' We were waiting for the nurse to come back to give him his shots when James took a dive onto the hard tile floor. He it so hard that I was afraid to pull him up off the ground for fear of what I would see. Thankfully, there was no blood but a massive goose egg and bruise was already forming in the middle of his forehead. His nose was bleeding slightly and, in between sobs, he would say 'bye-bye.' It was so sad because I knew his agony wasn't over yet. The embarrasing part was that the doctor had just gotten done telling me that the biggest hazard at this age are accidents.' I just nodded and smiled and pointed to a scab on his head. It was only moments later when the entire office heard a massive 'thud' and then screaming and wailing. Poor James had a really hard day. He received three shots and by the time we left the office, he looked like he'd been beat up. Poor little man.
By the way, the Colbert Report last night-- genius! His interview with the congresswoman from Guam was hilarious! I love that guy. One of the best shows on tv, next to 'the Office' and '30 Rock.' "I could stand here all day watching tv." "That's a $200 13" plasma tv." I love it!

1 comment:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You are still a great mother!