Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sweet Baby James

Today is Mother's Day and I feel very blessed to have little James in my life. I think every mother can sit and watch their child for hours and never get bored. I watch him and I am constantly amazed by him and the little miracle he is our lives. In so many ways I wish I could be like him- carefree, sweet, innocent, pure, obedient (most of the time), loving and unreserved. I know it sounds cliche, but he really is the closest thing to heaven that I've ever encountered. He has such a sweet, tender spirit about him and has brought a strong spirit into our home. As hard as motherhood can be at times, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I feel sorry for women who choose not to have children because they have no idea how much love and joy they miss out on. I love watching James get excited about the simple things in life like a butterfly or a dandelion. He thinks dandelions are the most beautiful flowers he's ever seen and, actually, the more I look at them, they really are quite pretty. He finds beauty in everything, including a pebble and it reminds me to look for the beauty around me and to focus on wonderful and positive things in my life. It is so clear to me now why Jesus loved being around little children. He was probably able to relate to them more than He could to anyone else on Earth and they loved Him unconditionally. My little boy has made me a better person. His presence has softened me and made me more patient and loving and kind. He fascinates me. Everything about him completely fascinates me and I never thought I would feel that way about a little child. Heavenly Father has given us the perfect way to learn firsthand about the kind of love that He has for us. I love my son more than I can comprehend. I can't begin to fathom how much Heavenly Father loves us, being a perfect Father.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay for motherhood. Glad you love your little guy so much.