Friday, July 11, 2008

Scary Larry

My mom has been talking about the ice cream man that patrols her neighborhood. The name "Scary Larry" is painted on the side of his truck and apparently he drives very fast through the neighborhood. Now, I wasn't doubting my mom or anything, although the idea did cross my mind that she may have been exaggerating his speed just a tad, but yesterday I actually saw him. I also thought that "Scary Larry" was just a nickname that my mom had given him but to my surprise the words were literally painted on the side of his truck. A bit creepy but also funny. I was standing in my mom's kitchen when I heard the familiar tune "The Entertainer" come floating through the house. No sooner had James said, "Ice cream man" when I saw a flash of color zoom past the house. Not even the spryest of kids would've had time to grab some change and catch him as he went speeding down the road. I told my mom you'd have to have a bullhorn just to flag him down. He had to have been driving at least 20mph. I guess that's why he calls himself "Scary Larry." He's not only serving up ice cream, he's also serving up a little slice of danger.

1 comment:

maddiesmommy said...

LOL, Scary Larry. I wonder if he really sells ice cream...or if he is just a freak little man.