Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008
















We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We have experienced the gracious giving of so many friends and family. A few days before Christmas, we found an anonymous gift bag full of candy and $200 on our doorstep. On one occasion while gathered together at my mom's for our weekly Sunday meal, someone had slipped $100 into my coat pocket. At another time, I discovered another wad of anonymous cash, this time $200, as we were getting our coats on to go home. On Christmas eve, after spending the evening with my siblings and their families as well as my parents, we pulled into our driveway only to discover that 'Santa' had left gift bags for each of us and a shiny gently used bike for James. I immediately knew that 'Santa' was our next door neighbors who are very poor monetarily but very rich in generosity and kindness. I was very touched as we brought our gifts inside as the beautiful snow silently fell. They who had so little to give to their own children, still found a way to sacrifice and give to our little family. We are so thankful for the spirit of charity-the pure love of Christ. We have been blessed abundently by family and friends this Christmas season. It really has been the best Christmas ever.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

An unforgettable Christmas. I am so happy that your family has been loved and succored.

The VIPs said...

So glad that you had a good Christmas, we've been praying for you. And James looks so old and tall in that picture of him on the bike!

Brent, January, and Madelyn said...

I am late to respond...but that is truly wonderful to hear. I am so sorry about the trials you are going through. I am so glad you are handling it so well. It will get better.