Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter Activities

I took James to a free Christmas craft activity at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. Santa was there and he really didn't want to sit on his lap. I finally convinced him, or rather, I drug him up there and plopped him on his lap all for a free picture. He was pretty nervous and he kept twitching his eyes. Here is the exchange that took place between James and Santa.
Santa: How old are you James?
James: Good
Santa: How OLD are you James?
James: Three
Santa: What do you want for Christmas?
James: Pausing for quite a while finally says, "Mmmm, rocks."
At this point I busted up laughing and Santa looked like he was thinking, "Okay."
Finally, Santa says, "What kind of rocks?"
James: Um, big rocks.
I was laughing so hard. All I could think was that the employees must think my kid is deprived because the most exciting thing he could come up with was rocks. I still don't know where he came up with that because I have never told him that if he's naughty that Santa will bring him rocks/coal. He's a funny kid.


This is James at the Old Idaho Penitentiary. I helped organize an outing for the foreign exchange students in the Boise and Idaho Falls areas. By the way, little kids don't like creepy old jails. In fact, it really freaks them out. James still talks about it. He would cry and say, "Mommy, don't go in there. I don't want to go in there." I must say, I was little creeped out myself. Especially since it was featured on the travel channel as one the most haunted places in America. Note to self, don't do that again. Although, I have to say, it was a learning experience for him. He now somewhat understands what it means when we talk about jail. Not that we talk about it a lot.
This picture was taken at an International Holiday Celebration at Boise State. We joined hands with everyone in the room and did a traditional Native American dance. I think James thinks his parents are officially crazy now. He didn't know what to think about the dancing with the wild shouting and yelling but I think he had fun.

This is a picture of the first snowfall of the season. James shoveled our entire driveway and walk all by himself. It was awesome! He did a great job, too. And he's only three!

3 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I know a certain someone who would have enjoyed the Native American dance...he likes to wear leather :)

Angie said...

Oh, man that's a demon from my past. I can't think about him without getting really embarrassed.

Helen said...

At least James actually let you plop him on Santa's lap, and spoke to him. Oscar would not even get close.

I must be a freak...cause I loved going to the IDaho Penitentiary when I was a kid...But I bet my kids would not.