Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Life

I know sometimes I complain about my life but as I was hanging out today at Eagle Island with the kids and some of our friends I thought, "Ya know, being a mom (especially in the summer) is pretty awesome. I'm just hangin' out here in the sand with the kids, enjoying the sunshine, and watching the kids have a great time. How many moms out there wish they could do this every day with their kids but can't?" I'm pretty fortunate that I have the luxury of staying at home with my kids. Yes, I wish our financial situation was better, but with a free place to stay we're doing ok and I haven't been forced to find a job outside the home yet. Which makes me think, what will I do with the kids tomorrow? Hmm... maybe the pool. Life is good.

2 comments:

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

You are a good mom too! They are lucky to have you :)

The VIPs said...

good reminder. I live in the ghetto and deal with 48 crazy/needy tenants but I am home with my kids all day long. I feel ya. :)