Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shots


Last week I took the kids in to get some shots. I had butterflies in my stomach the entire drive to the doctor. Ruby was first. I held her on my lap while James watched the two nurses inject Ruby's thighs with needles. He didn't seem too bothered by her screaming. James was next. I thought he would resist but he just calmly climbed onto my lap and watched the nurses give him three shots. I was expecting him to flip out especially since he's been extra sensitive lately. His little lip turned downward into a frown for a second and then he was fine. No crying, no screaming, no wimpering. I almost started crying for him because he was such a brave, strong boy. As I put his pants back on he said, "I'm ready to go home now. I had fun at the doctor." Who is this kid? Who says they had fun at the doctor after getting three shots in the leg? That's my boy for ya.

5 comments:

The VIPs said...

Angie, your post gives me hope! Getting Audrey's shots done has just been getting worse and worse as she gets older but maybe she'll get to the point where she can be like James and not mind so much! I hope so

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

James is such a cute boy!!!

The VIPs said...

by the time we got there (last night) they only had snow white left and only in a 2-3 or a 5 and I wasn't sure if a 2-3 would fit her next year we debated and debated and decided to just wait till next year to get something. Really, really cute costumes though

jayna said...

looks like maybe a doctor in the family. lol. totally unconcerned with sharp pointy things going into his skin.

The VIPs said...

hey- I just found you on Technorati- do you know what it is and how to use it? I'm clicking around their site like a psycho, I have no idea what I'm doing