Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, James (over 2 months ago!)












Our darling little baby James turned 3 this past June 28th. I can't believe he is getting so big and grown up. He is so much fun and he always keeps me laughing with his crazy little comments. He is all boy and loves anything that's loud and obnoxious and has four wheels. He love, love, LOVES trucks, hence the construction theme birthday cake I put together for him. It was really fun making the cake and coming up with interesting and edible look alikes of the real items. James was pretty excited to dig in.
He loves to read and we make weekly trips to the library. He usually has his books memorized by the time we return them.
He also loves The Wiggles and knows all of their songs. It's pretty amazing because it's the only tv he'll watch and he's been watching them for a year and half now. I would have thought he would be sick of them by now but he's not. He loves music and particularly the Wiggles music. I have to admit that I thought they were pretty lame when James first started watching but now I find myself singing along. I'm glad that he prefers to watch something musical because at least he's learning about rhymes, rhythm and music as opposed to watching something mindless like Sponge Bob (for the record, I HATE Sponge Bob).
James is also a good big brother, although he can get pretty rough with Ruby and I don't dare leave him alone with her for very long. He likes playing with her and has recently started picking her up and putting her in his fire truck bed. He sticks a rain hate on her and says she's helping him put our fires. So cute.

1 comment:

The VIPs said...

Happy Birthday to James!

(I also hate spongebob- don't tell Justin though, he loves it. Luckily, he's not home most of the day when I choose Audrey's television programming)