Sunday, September 13, 2009

More Distribution Items




I love church distribution materials. They are so inexpensive and obtainable even while living on unemployment. I read about the new church art book in the Ensign a few months ago. It's only $3.50 for over 130 pictures/photos of prophets, Book of Mormon/Bible stories, Church history, temples, and other themes. This has been a great teaching tool and James loves his new book. He can tell me what most of the pictures are about or name the people in the pictures. It's been great for family home evening as well as a good 'quiet' book for church.
A couple of weeks ago, James kept asking me where his scriptures were because we didn't want him playing with our nice leather bound sets. I told him I would get him his very own scriptures. We went to Deseret Book and bought a hard back copy of the Book of Mormon at distribution pricing (ask for distribution pricing and they give it to you) which was $3.00 and then we had his name inscribed on the front for $4.00. He was so excited to have his own Book of Mormon with his name on it. He carried it around and wanted to take it to church. He loves the pictures inside and pretends to read. I figure, $7 is a small price to pay to get James excited about the scriptures.

No comments: