Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me




Last Thursday I turned 33. Yikes! When did I get old? Anyway, it was a fun day. I went to Cafe Ole' for lunch with one of my sisters, my mom, and two SIL's. It was fun to get out and do something fun because I was feeling pretty down that week. I got quite a bit of cash for my birthday and I have been spending it! Christmas and birthdays are just about the only times of the year when I spend any money on myself.
This year, I decided to spend some of my money on a new pair of Chaco sandals. My first pair I bought back in 2002 in preparation for my backpacking trip to Europe. Those sandals carried me across Europe, all over the US, hiked everywhere and anywhere, and to distant islands. I love them and they are the best shoes in the world. They have a lifetime guarantee and will resole and restrap your sandals for only $35! Last summer I really only wore flip-flops everywhere and I started to have knee and back problems. I switched back to my Chaco's and haven't had any problems since.
I bought these (green) nifty new ones to take with me on the handcart trek to Martin's Cove. I needed some with better traction. Anyway, I'm excited so thought I would share!
The pic of my bare feet in the surf and sand was taken in San Sebastian, Spain.

3 comments:

Jiles Pfamily said...

Happy Birthday Angie! I love your new shoes. Hope they take you on many new adventures.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love my Chaco flip flops...I can't wear the cheap flip flops anymore because my Chaco's have spoiled my feet. I will have to try a pair of sandals someday! Enjoy spending your birthday money!

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. What a terrible friend I am....but I am happy that you are 33 and you got some sweet sandles. I am always telling arthur I want some maybe my back won't hurt anymore too!! I will start to use that excuse....thanks for the idea.