Sunday, July 18, 2010

Post-Op

After three months of continuous sinus and ear infections, three or four rounds (I lost count) of antibiotics, lots of interrupted nights, and days filled with stressful behavior (from both mom and son), James' adenoids were removed and tubes placed in his ears. The surgery only took about 45 minutes and everything went well. The way the nurses and doctors talked, they made it seem like he would be back to normal within a day or two. WRONG! James has been pale, droopy, and dumpy seven days post-op. He's been up in the night crying and he just lays around the house during the day. When I ask him what he wants to do he says, "Nothing. I just want to stay here," which is really abnormal. I'm hoping he turns a corner fairly soon. It makes me so sad to look at his little face and recognize the signs of discomfort and fatigue.
The other night he woke up crying from pain. I put him back in bed and he said softly, "I want dad to give me a blessing." So much trust and faith in his Heavenly and earthly fathers. So thankful that Adam holds the priesthood and is able to serve his family and those around him.
PS: I taught the lesson today and it was on the priesthood, can you tell?

2 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

Wow! What a sweet little boy! He is always very quiet and reverent in Primary. ;) I think I remember Sarah Jordan saying that Gideon had been a lot more quiet and subdued after he got his adenoids out and tubes in his ears, which was also fairly recently. I'm sure he will recover well, especially with his pure and simple faith.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I hope he feels better soon. What a sweetheart, I am glad he recognizes the power of the priesthood already.