Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010











We had a fantastic Christmas! The kids were overly blessed with gifts. James was up by 6:30am and he was so excited! We let him open presents without Ruby since she usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8. We knew it would be impossible to hold James off for that long. My mom bought each of the kids a very nice toy to open from Santa Christmas morning-- a new bike for James and an awesome interactive dollhouse for Ruby which she LOVES! Also, a few nights before Christmas I heard a knock at the door. When I opened the door no one was there but a large bag with two wrapped gifts was on the doorstep labeled for each of the kids from "Santa" and an envelope for Adam and I. I suspect it was someone very generous and thoughtful from the ward. The gift for James turned out to be a fire station (he was thrilled!) and a new doll for Ruby (she loves babies!). It really made Christmas extra special knowing that someone was thinking of us and specifically our children. I really hope that someday we will be a position to do fun things like that for people.
The rest of the day was pretty hectic. We raced over to Adam's parents and opened more gifts then went to my family's where we opened more gifts then back to Adam's parents so we could talk to Uncle Aaron who's serving in Brazil then home by 6:30. We were all totally exhausted but it was great to have spent the day with family.

2 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! I hope James is feeling better, and the his procedure next week will take care of the problem. I am glad you were able to find a dentist that took the time to give a proper diagnosis. I just want you to know that I appreciate your heartfelt honesty on your blog. I hope Adam finds a dream job soon. Love ya!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

James got a pillow pet!!! YAY! Love the pictures :) Miss you guys and I hope they post that job soon. Praying for you guys!