Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Haps

This is the week! Adam flies out tomorrow night to Omaha and then has a ride along Tuesday and his final interview Tuesday. We will know if Sioux Falls is our destiny by Wednesday. Crazy.

Sorry about last Sunday's post. I had hit a low point. The nausea is getting better; I'm just fighting an evil cold now which, I'm guessing is as bad as it is because my immune system is too weak to fight it off. My pants are still falling off of me at 14 weeks. To me, I look horrible-- gaunt, pale, dry lips, sunken eyes.

Updates on the kids:

James is no longer acting like a psycho. Once he was done taking antibiotics he was back to his old self.
He graduated from preschool last week and he finished a month of swimming lessons. He still won't put his face in the water and he was the only one in his class who refused to go down the waterslide on the last day.
He recently took up fishing. He casts like a pro on an adult reel so we decided to buy him a cheap kid pole which would be easier for him to handle. He's awesome at casting. He loves it. I need to get my license so I can legally help him fish in a real lake or river. (I have so many fond memories of going fishing with my family as a kid. Mom would pack a picnic and we would drive to some random lake or stream in the mountains somewhere and we'd spend the day fishing and hanging out.)
James can hit pretty dang good with a baseball bat. He's excited about his success.

Ruby, as much as I tried to discourage it, is totally into princesses. She spent a week with my mom when we went on the cruise and that's when she fell in love. She insists on wearing a dress everyday because princesses do. The dress-thing was kind of cute at first but now it's kind of annoying. She is in heaven when we go to Target and she gets to look at all of the princess toys; it's pretty evident the power of marketing on young, impressionable minds.
Ruby's figured out how to tease and annoy her brother. So now they tease and annoy each other all day long. Sometimes they get along and play well together but usually it ends up with somebody crying. I now know why my parents were constantly yelling at us to "Stop fighting!!"

1 comment:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I am sorry you have such crappy pregnancies. Best wishes to Adam during his final interview. Hang in there!