Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ruby!

Ruby turned two last Saturday, August 28th, which absolutely astounds me. Where did the past year go? It's frightening how quickly time passes. We didn't really have much of a party as I was in Hailey for her actual birthday and didn't have time to really plan anything. We had a small family party the next day on Sunday. She got a big pink big-wheel which she calls her 'bike' and insists on riding through the house. Well, she can't actually reach the pedals but she does a good job at pushing it with her feet. She loves it! She also got some bath toys, underwear, purse, cart with fake food, and a new baby and a few clothes. It seems like she has grown and matured so much just over the summer. She talks in full sentences and loves to sing "Once there was a Snowman," "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam," a slew of Wiggles songs, and "I'm so glad when Daddy comes Home." She loves to read, what she calls, "the Jesus book," which is either the Nursery manual or the Gospel Art book. She can point out and name Joseph Smith, Emma Smith, all of the crazy animals/items in her books. She LOVES the Wiggles and would watch them all day if I would let her. She hates being tormented by James and James loves to antagonize her non-stop which is really annoying and frustrating. Her favorite toy is a baby-doll. She loves that baby and likes to carry it everywhere with her. She's so sweet and much less into-everything than James is which is nice. She's been a pretty easy baby and has a funny personality. She likes to tell jokes and try to 'trick' us and then she'll laugh and laugh. She said her first prayer yesterday and it was so cute. What can I say, she's a doll and I love her so much. I can't believe she's mine. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has entrusted me with two of his children.

2 comments:

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

We love Ruby too!!

Jana said...

Happy (late) birthday to your sweet Ruby!