Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Job

I haven't posted in a while because things have been so busy and a bit hectic with my job. Last weekend, I took around 30 exchange students on an overnight trip to Hailey where we met up with an additional 70 exchange students from Eastern Idaho, and they attended an orientation. Yesterday, Adam and I took a small group white water rafting which took up most of the day. In additional to those activities, my job has kept me busy:
Answering a lot of questions from host moms and dads.
Answering a lot of questions from newly-arrived students.
Running to/from the airport to greet arriving students.
Interviewing and orientating host parents in regards to the duties of hosting.
Planning/executing activities for said students.
Fielding questions from two collegues as I am now officially the team leader for Boise.
Writing reports on how the first month went for EACH of my 21 students from both the students' perspective and the host families' perspective.

It has felt like way too much lately. Granted, I do WAY more than the average exchange coordinator because I was driven to make as much money as I could. Still, I am ready to step away from this job. Another reason I am hoping Adam lands this LAST interview this Tuesday!! We talked about how great it would be if he got this job and I could keep working for EF because the extra money is great and the travel benefits are fun but now it feels like it's taking me away too much from my kids. I don't want to handle any more calls from crying kids because they are homesick, or calls from host parents because they have a question about school or driver's ed or whatever. It has been a great job and an amazing opportunity to be able to work from home. It has been a huge blessing for us for the past two years and has sustained us financially. I'm just so relieved that this whole interview process will finally be over this week. After nearly a year of waiting and praying for this job, we will know one way or the other this week. Scary but exciting. If he gets it, we will have a huge party to celebrate. Keep us in your prayers. His interview is Tuesday morning!

4 comments:

Helen said...

Rooting for you guys! Hope all goes well!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

You guys deserve this!!! Hopefully Tuesday goes well for both of us :)

sara :) said...

I hope he gets the job because I want to come to a party.

Oh, and I guess it would also be great for you guys as well...

The VIPs said...

here's hoping! You guys definately deserve it.