Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day

We had a great Labor Day weekend! We went white water rafting on Saturday, had a relaxing Sunday and then went to a BSU bash at my brother and SIL's, Greg and MaryJo's, house. We played sand volleyball in the court next to their house and enjoyed an awesome BBQ/potluck while a slew of kids ran around the yard jumping on the trampoline and the bouncy house. It was a large crowd with lots of extended family, ward friends and neighbors. The noise was deafening when BSU scored or had a good play. It's always a good time when they host a get together.
I don't think I have ever mentioned them on my blog before but they are an amazing couple. They are overly generous and often throw parties at their house and provide most of the food. They are high school sweethearts and Jo waited for Greg while he served a mission in Oklahoma. There never seemed to be anyone else for either of them. They have always been an example to me of what a good, solid relationship should be. They are both lots of fun to be around and Jo is always very loving with my kids. They are dedicated to the gospel and serve faithfully and diligently in the church. Our family is very close and all of my siblings live in the Boise area. We get together EVERY Sunday just about without fail and I love that. I know my family very well and we are fiercely loyal. When one of us is hurt or attacked, it's like everyone in the family has been hurt. My great-grandmother was that way and I assume those feelings of loyalty have been passed down through generations and generations of family.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I think your whole extended family is so neat - I have long been impressed with that loyalty that you mentioned. And the fact that you all genuinely enjoy each other's company and spending so much time together!!